Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I knew I'd struggle with this....

Another few months go by, and of course I have yet to blog!!!! Sadly, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to journal and blog more often. It's been my goal to keep up to date on work, our Dental School journey, date nights, friends and of course our little lady growing and changing like a weed!!! Addyson is now four months old and such a joy in our lives! She is such a happy little girl, smiling, giggling and squealing with joy everyday. We just had her four month check up and although she is a bit on the light side, she is already 24 inches long and healthy as can be. (she was 18 inches when she was born) Poor little girl got three more immunizations though and was sick the day after, but daddy came to our rescue when he joined us for her appointment and provided some moral support for mommy, agreeing to hold Addy down while she got her shots. He was a good cuddler right after too! He's keeping busy with school and still working quite a bit here and there at the Dental Lab and I'm keeping plenty busy working at the clinic full-time (four days a week now though!).
We did find time in our crazy schedules however, to attend the #4 SDSU vs. #9 BYU basketball game on January 26th. It was a night to remember as we stood in line for almost one hour with thousands of other people waiting to get into the Mariott Center. They had handed out 4,000 wristbands (two of which we were the proud recipients of) ahead of time, all of which ensured you a spot in the student section. As the Mariott Center filled up quickly, everyone hoping to get a seat as close as possible, we ended up believe it or not, being able to sit with some good friends of ours! The energy inside the building was amazing, the noise intense! Needless to say, Addy stayed at the sitter's while mom and dad enjoyed the game to the max! BYU played great!!! Aside from some poor defensive rebounding I was quite impressed :) As the game came to an end, BYU up by 13, the fans stormed the court for the perfect ending to a perfect night! I'd say that night has definitely been the highlight of our new year thus far. As I type this I'm thinking to myself, "how can it possibly already be February"?!!
This month we are probably going to be pretty busy....I will share my birthday with super bowl Sunday, Valentine's Day is always a hit and President's Day gets Chris out of school and me out of work!!! We are looking forward to celebrating my birthday this Saturday and are also planning a possible trip to California over President's Day weekend. We hope to visit Chris' mission area and if we can swing some free Disney tickets, even take the little lady there for some fun and sight seeing :)
Grandma Inman will be visiting in March and then a fun gathering and celebration will be had with both sides of the family in April as Chris graduates from BYU!!!!
Life is fun and unexpected, Chris has been accepted into Midwestern University in Downer's Grove, IL and we look forward to begin planning for Dental school, hoping to have heard from a few other schools by graduation time. Decision time will come in April as we will need to start looking for housing and I'd like to look around for possible PTA jobs wherever we might end up!

I've said it once and I'll say it again.....I'm going to do my best to keep you all up to date on the happenings in the life of the Olsen's.

No comments:

Post a Comment