Saturday, March 27, 2010

Baby On Board

Yep! As the title of this post suggests, we are indeed expecting our very first baby!!! I am due October 1st and so far everything is going great. No morning sickness or crazy cravings...yet :) We are both very excited and were so anxious to share the news; we did however, wait until I was almost 12 weeks to tell our families. After Jim and Angie's surprise visit we decided to send OUR surprise home with them. We had made "Grandma to be" and "Grandpa to be" T-shirts for the grandparents and gave strict instructions for them to open the surprise package together. I'm still not sure who was the most surprised but my mother, and also my father-in-law both claim to have had at least an idea of what it was about! It was a fun day for a lot of people, we shared the news with parents first, then grandparents, and then finally friends and extended family!!! I have posted the first "baby bump" picture on facebook and once I figure out how to add pictures to my blogspot they will be accessible on here as well. We have already had our first doctor's visit and so far I really like the doctor we have chosen, she is not only an OBGYN but she is also a family doctor, so I am taken care of for anything and we can also follow-up with her after the baby is born. During the first visit we got to hear the baby's heart beat, but I also had to be brave and get my blood drawn (if any of you know me very well you know I HATE needles)!!! It was the most amazing thing though, and although it's still hard to fully comprehend, hearing the heart beat made it seem all the more real. I have another check up in a few weeks and I think we may get to see the baby via ultrasound. It's an exciting, nervous new time of our lives and we look forward to sharing this experience with all of you.
So there you have it, the latest and greatest in the lives of the Olsen's.

1 comment:

  1. Http://www.photobucket.com is a great site to allow embedded photos.

    ReplyDelete